The Kunstenfestivaldesarts is part of NXTSTP, a network of festivals created in 2007 to stimulate the co-production and circulation of the performing arts in Europe. NXTSTP co-produces new work and provides financial support and international visibility. The festivals also offer residencies to young European and non-European artists. NXTSTP’s second instalment runs until 31 October 2017, relying on a fiveyear period of support within the framework of the Culture Programme of the European Union. From 2007 to 2017, the network has supported 71 projects by European performing artists and companies, which taken together accounts for nearly 3000 performance dates globally. At the Kunstenfestivaldesarts 2017 new works by the artists supported by NXTSTP were shown: Marcelo Evelin, Marlene Monteiro Freitas, Simon Mayer, and L’Amicale de production.
As a conclusion of the second term a publication was made, offering an insight into the network and results, as well as perspectives on the project by both the eight partners and some of the participating artists (Miet Warlop, Joris Lacoste, Gunilla Heilborn, Iggy & Maike Lond Malmborg, Richard Gregory and Taoufiq Izeddiou). You can read the report here.
NXTSTP 2 (2012-2017) is a joint project by
- Kunstenfestivaldesarts (project leader)
- Alkantara Festival (Lisbon)
- Baltoscandal Festival (Rakvere)
- Dublin Theatre Festival (Dublin)
- Göteborgs Dans & Teater Festival (Göteborg)
- Noorderzon Performing Arts Festival (Groningen)
- steirischer herbst festival (Graz)
- Théâtre national de Bordeaux en Aquitaine (Bordeaux)
- Festival Dense Bamako Dance (Mali)
- Festival On Marche (Morocco)
- Festival Panorama (Brazil)
- Kyoto Experiment (Japan)
With the support of the Culture Programme of the European Union