Important information for spectators: the entrance and ticket counter are located at the back of the venue, 27 Rue Saint-Pierre.
Théâtre Marivaux opened in 1924 in the centre of Brussels. In 1967 it underwent alterations. In 1972 it was converted into a four-screen cinema, and in 1973 a fifth screen was added. Two more screens were added later. The cinema closed in 1992 and was being used as a film studio until 1995. After a period of laying empty and unused, Cinéma Marivaux was renovated and converted into a hotel and congress centre in 2008. Part of the building is still vacant today.